"Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still." Dorothea Lange

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fixing the Then for Now

Everyday what I capture through my camera is closer to what I envision. On top of that, what I envision is so much more than what it was yesterday. Which is great, who doesn't love progress?!? Well, my problem comes when I look back and catch things that could have been better.

I'm preparing for some newborn shoots and I keep wishing the ones of my own could be different. I wish I had done some with her completely natural. I would like to have some of the two of us. Too bad I don't have any great ones that show off her perfect tinyness. Ok, so I can't remove clothes and I can't seamlessly clone us in a beautiful duo image. But the last one I can create.


I found a photo taken in the delivery room. I never thought much of it because of the distracting background and my husband's bright orange shirt. But just a few minutes in Photoshop gave me this precious image. My baby's 4 lb 15 oz frame being engulfed in her father's hands.